Human Resource Tools
From planning and leadership to recruitment and retention, an effective HR strategy will help keep your employees productive and ensure your organization is operating within the laws and regulations.
In this section you will find resources and links to help you with all aspects of HR for your organization. Learn about programs that can help you hire international workers and find out how you can support your new hires as they transition into your workplace.
The Council continues to scan the local, regional and national environment to identify evidence-based best practices in human resource innovation, and has established a repository of resources and tools for access by its stakeholders.
Passport To A Diverse Workplace
The Passport to a Diverse Workplace is a self-directed learning resource designed to deliver content on overarching issues of diversity and cultural competency.
This series of six short videos is an online resource to building a level of comfort and link to useful resources while navigating the rewards and challenges of workplace diversity. The electronic passport provides the learner with the opportunity to record their journey and make notes of resources and tools of interest to them. It also provides a tool with which to share their learning with their peers.
The Passport to Diversity Project is a project of the IEHP – (Internationally Educated Health Professionals) Atlantic Connection Phase 11 Project funded through the Health Canada, Health Care Strategies and Contribution Program in collaboration with the Health Care Human Resource Sector Council.
Internationally Educated Health Professionals (IEHP)
The Human Resource Sector Council worked in conjunction with the Atlantic Advisory Committee on Health Human Resources to develop the Internationally Educated Health Care Professionals Atlantic Connection Initiative. The focus of this initiative was the attraction and retention of Internationally Educated Health Professionals (IEHP) to Atlantic Canada across multiple health care disciplines.
This project developed and promoted an IEHP integration model based on a five-pillared continuum of service that supports IEHP’s in their progression through the health care system.
Human Resource Toolkit
- Web-based suite of HR information, tools and resources to help strengthen HR practices in SME’s and maximize the potential of their workforce.
- Employers can quickly and easily find new ideas and tips, practical guides, checklists, downloadable templates, and links to other relevant resources to find, keep and develop their employees.
Workplace Innovation and Productivity Skills Incentive (WIPSI)
- Provides funding to companies to encourage them to invest in skills development and certification, adapt to new technology, improve productivity, and improve their international competitiveness.
- Companies apply for funding to contribute toward the cost of training.
- Examples of commonly-requested business training include: LEAN Manufacturing Training, ISO Training leading to certification, Advanced Leadership Training, Software and new equipment training.