Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The Health Care Human Resource Sector is committed to providing our stakeholders and organizations with the most current and relevant workforce development tools. Part of this includes Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Accessibility. It cannot be understated the importance of inclusivity in everything we do. There isn’t anyone anywhere who doesn’t want to be feel safe in expressing who they are – ultimately we seek the same thing and that is a sense of belonging. When people feel included, they are better able to contribute to their work, their homes and their communities. When we embrace diversity and inclusion, we have the opportunity to gain a new perspective on the world.
What the Council offers:
- Front line staff training around race relations, unconscious bias, microaggressions, privilege and allyship (1.5 – 3 hours). This is for front line staff within the Continuing Care sector, Disability Support Network and Home Support Network. Book sessions now.
- Senior Leadership and Management training around the importance of welcoming workplaces, authenticity in leadership, inclusive recruitment, hiring and onboarding, understanding core DEI issues and ultimately, how to be better leaders from a DEI perspective with a focus on retention
- (4 – 8 hours). Book now for Summer/Fall sessions.
- In progress – DEI Knowledge Hub for employers and employees
- Other DEI support as necessary (policies, charters, continuous and ongoing learning, resources)
Please reach out to Zoe Hawkins (Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Liaison) at email@example.com or 902-830-5068