Home Support Nova Scotia Training Fund Extended in 2020.2021
The Department of Health and Wellness Continuing Care Branch is pleased to announce continued funding in the 2020 – 2021 fiscal year to support Organizational Training in the Home Support Sector.
The fund will continue to be administered by the Health Care Human Resource Sector Council and is open to Home Support Organizations funded through the Department of Health and Wellness.
The purpose of the funding is to support organizations to:
- Foster skills in your organization that will support practices in client care, improve
productivity and quality of work life;
- Increase innovation in recruitment and retention;
- Support leadership and staff development to meet the needs of the sector;
- Adapt to new technology, equipment, or work processes;
- Foster workplace diversity;
- Other training that will benefit your organization and that is not typically funded through other Department of Health and Wellness programs.
The following types of training are not eligible:
- Legislated or regulated mandatory training;
- Informal training, and/or training by internal staff or trainers;
- Training included in the purchase of equipment or new business processes;
- Conference participation fees; or costs related to your organization hosting a
Eligible trainers must:
- Be third-party trainers — not internal to your organization;
- Be qualified to provide the training — include a trainer bio with your application;
- Not be an immediate family member of the principal in your organization.
How To Apply For Funding?
- The Organization will complete the online application form on the Health Care Human Resource Sector Council website www.hcsc.ca, application portal https://hcsc.ca/training-fund-submission-form/ for approval in accordance with the funding guidelines.
- Each application form is required to be completed in full, including the organization name, contact information including the organization contact name and position, name of training, facilitator/trainer (with brief bio), cost of training, training location, training date and anticipated number of participants
- Request for reimbursement must be submitted within 3 weeks of the proposed training date to complete the approval process.
- You must complete the training and request reimbursement by March 31, 2021.
- You may submit multiple training projects; however, you must complete all training within the guidelines.
- Training approval will be confirmed within 3 weeks of submission.
- Training may start as soon as your application is approved.